Sunday, February 10, 2008

New Poem

The Orbital Journey of the Heart
2.9.2008


Begin
small beats that feel the distance
can’t fathom your history
nightmare you put behind

angry outbursts punctuate
the grey, unsettled sky of your spirit
tension always underneath the surface
realization stings that you won’t be easy

slight crack in the wall
on a night drive home
marks the start of my compassion

hurt and hate
molten throughout years
to form my stubborn core
Now it lessens

push and pull
in grown-up years
relationship grows richer
maturity reveals insight

foolish phantoms of assumption
exiled forever
your healing becoming stronger

Travel forward in my mind
to your end
Imagine me standing at your funeral
clapping for you

I see you as a survivor
I applaud you for your courage
I watched the Hand of grace in your life
I am on your side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very informative, feel like i know you better already! got here through annies site, hope yall are well.
take care,
becky