Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Return



Hello blogland....

It's been awhile (emphasis) since words were last typed on this forum. I'd blame a mixture of busyness, burn out, and a third go-round of Fatherhood on the blog-bernation (blog + hibernation, to borrow a trick from my blogging friend, Annie Downs). Speaking of a new baby, I need to reveal the newest Kirkland to those who haven't already heard......

Griffin Everett Kirkland (we're calling him "Finn")

He is surely the "easiest" baby we've had yet. He's very low-maintenance. After he eats in the middle of the night, very rarely do we (who am I kidding? Laura usually deals with him overnight. I try to pitch in sometimes, but I've got to give credit where it's due) have to do an hour-long routine of trying to get Finn back to sleep. He just does it. With three total children, this is a wonderful grace God has given. Finn is a blessing. He's super-cute (am I biased??) and reminds me of Zoe when she was a newborn.

It's been funny lately. Around the house, the kids are all "doing their thing." Zoe pretty much dresses up in nearly a dozen costumes on any given day, sings, dances, and puts on "shows." She also draws and makes crafts all the time. All. the. time. I love her little creations. Both the older kids know I'm a huge Thrashers fan, as I watch almost every game on TV (looking forward to actually attending a home game in the near future again). Henry LOVES to "play Thrashers." We have a little soccer/hockey mini-goal in our house and some plastic hockey sticks. Various balls/wooden toys compete for their chance to be the "puck" we use. If I'm home, Henry wants to play. When I walk in the door from work, Henry is quick to say, "Let's play Thrashers!!" We even throw down the sticks and get into "fights." It's hilarious. And I love it. Even though I do sometimes just need to go straight to the restroom and pee when I get home from work.

Laura's artwork and her creative output is still going strong. I'm amazed when I think of all the things she does.... Mom for 3 kids... creator of a multitude of products.... wife to me....... she is hard to believe. I'm so thankful for her. And have I ever said what a great cook she is?? Amazing! Lately, I often take a mental step back and observe what God has given me, with our growing family. It's almost too much to take in. Even with things being more hectic and busy, I find myself energized and tapping into a hidden well of strength to make it through the day. My family are my inspiration. That might even be a cheesy Hallmark quote. But, in this case, these words couldn't be more true.

Anyway, I intend to get back to semi-regular blogging. True, life is busy. There are so many things going on. However, to share a thought, an idea, or a recap of recent life events is quite an amazing treat. I don't want to miss the opportunity.

No comments: