Sunday, October 05, 2008

Vacuum Ripe for Filling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54tjbgJmLFg
(please copy and paste this link to watch the video listed above. while I don't totally buy into conspiracy theories, I had trouble embedding the video from YouTube, even though I followed all the normal steps to post a video to a blog. Who at YouTube doesn't want me posting this video?)

Disclaimer: I am not proposing or saying that Obama is the anti-Christ. I don't have the capacity or authority to do so. However, I am alarmed at the atmosphere I see around me today. With wars being fought in many nations, with our economy close to ruins, with many families and marriages facing the breaking point, people are in a desperate place. One of the side effects of this situation is the vacuum created for someone to come along and be the focus of people's hope. A sort of savior, if you will. What's seen in this video is one example of the type of false hope I'm referring to. There are other videos of a similar nature, showing a level of faith unfathomable for a mere human to live up to. Obama has an impossible mantle placed on his shoulders by the expectations of so many people.

While this atmosphere is scary and even downright creepy, I see it as an opportunity for people to seek and find a true answer to their troubles. In this time, people looking for hope and someone to worship can look past the confines of our earthly realm and see into eternity. Jesus is the only One worthy of praise and the only One who can bring hope, happiness, and freedom.

5 comments:

margaret said...

I agree wholeheartedly. Now is the time for The Church to rise up out of her slumber and be Jesus to folks!

margaret said...

I agree! It is time for The Church to rise out of her slumber and show Jesus to folks!

Jake said...

Good word. I think Obama is actively embracing this mantle placed on his shoulders as well, and that should give us pause. Then on top of that are his simply awful policies. The scary thing to me is that there are considerable numbers of Christians drinking the Kool-Aid. Not in the numbers they'd have us believe, but worrisome numbers nonetheless.

Thanks for the post; a good reminder.

Melissa said...

I'm posting a link to your post on our blog. Thanks!

Melissa said...

I'm posting a link to your post on our blog. Thanks!